Sign my guestbook, pawease!! :)

quinta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2009

40-things-about-me tag

I was tagged by my dear Simona, Paco and Milo's Mummy!! :)

The rules are: I have to say 40 things about me and include a recent photo... oh My. Is there so much to say? LOL

These things about me are obviously not in order of importance.

Well, here it goes:

1.


I am 32 years old.


2.

I have a Law Master Degree (do we say it like this in english...?) and I'm in the military (Portuguese Navy). My rank is lieutenant, and I'm a Law consultant.

3.

My husband is in the navy too, he's a captain in the portuguese Marine Corps. Here in Portugal it is called Fuzileiros. He is 33 years old. He is the funniest person I know and... I love him deeply (he deals so perfectly with my bad temper... :):):))

4.

My parents are my heroes.

5.

My granny lived with me and my parents since I was 2 years old. She died 2 years and a half ago and it was the most painful moment of my life. I miss her and her tenderness very much, everyday. And I know I will, for the rest of my life. I love you, abuelita!

6.

Pipa's with us since she was 8 weeks old, she's from the north of Portugal (a beautiful town called Felgueiras). We live near Lisbon, in the other side of the Tagus River.

7.

I'm absolutely crazy about swimming and I entered competitions before and during university.
Then, I started running out of time to do it as often as I wanted. Anyway, I try to keep on swimming in a weekly base.

8.

I love sports and I try to workout everyday.

9.

I discovered the doggie blogosphere troughout Dino and then Homer... and then I met Paco and Milo and Spencer and Honey and Cody, Zena and Lady ... and I fell in love with this magic way of knowing other dog owners who love their furry friends as much as we do! It keeps my soul warm coming here and reading all of your stories... it's great.

10.

Pipa is like a therapy to me... she show us an inconditional way of giving and loving and we keep learning with her everyday.

(oh My... 30 things to go...)

11.

I talk and laugh a lot. I'm a bit crazy, actually.

12.

I do love going to work everyday. And because me and John are both in the Navy, we actually enjoy talking about our works, everyday. :)

13.

I love writing and reading. I'm a poetry fanatic and a devoted fan of the power of words (although I've been having some dificulties in writing in english, here... bloging is a good way of training, though!).

14.

I'm absolutely crazy about dolphins and mermaids. I must have been a dolphin or a mermaid in another life :). I swam with dolphins twice: one in Zoomarine, here in Portugal, the other one in XCaret Park, in Riviera Maya, Mexico. I feel a strange tenderness and empathy for them... it's an intense emotion that I can't explain. As for mermaids, I'm always looking for mermaid art in the Web... We bought our house 4 years ago and I still don't have any paintings in my room... and that's because I'm still looking for that beautiful painting with a mermaid! :)


15.

I love dancing. Any kind of music.

16.

I've been to Flamenco classes for a while, and Sevilhanas too. Flamenco culture touches my heart and soul, and I don't miss a Flamenco dance show here in Portugal. My last one was Joaquin Cortez. I listen to Flamenco music almost everyday. My entire family comes from Barrancos, a little town near Andaluzia, that absorbed almost everything from the andaluzian culture and habits.


17.

I have one tattoo.

18.

I believe friends are one of the best things in the world.

19.

I love fight sports and I've been to kickboxing classes too. It's awsome. It's a great way of leaving stress behind!

20.

I love going to the cinema to watch kid's movies... :)... I just crack myself laughing with Shreck, Madagascar and Happy Feet.

21.

I simply a-d-o-r-e kids.

22.

I love the beach. Since I have Pipa, I love it even more.

23.

I listen to any kind of music. I love jazz, blues, hip-hop, R&B, soul, pop and disco music, classic, lounge... of course, flamenco... I'm an easy listener.

24.

I love photografy and I wish I could learn professional photography.

25.

Blue (specially turquoise) and orange are my favourite colours.

26.

I love shopping :). I love clothes but I'm not a fashion victim. Actually, jeans are one of my favourite things.

27.

I love hats...

28.

... and ties! I have 27 ties and I know how to do almost any kind of knots.

29.

I love falling asleep in the couch, during a film. LOL
30.

Don't you just love IKEA? I really like going there. I always end up with lots of thing that I don't need at all... :)

31.

Me and John have a ritual since we met: the sunset. Isn't it a magic part of our days?

32.

I'd love to have more time to blog...

33.

I'm crazy about cheesecake!

34.

Me and John are "LOST" fanatic. We're waiting patiently for the 5th season to come.

35.

I love to drive.

36.

I believe humour and respect is the key to any sucessful personal or professional relationship.

37.

I love to cook. The thing is I'm not a great cooker. LOL

38.

One of my favourite things is singing in the shower.

39.

I love the old movies, with Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra and Jerry Lewis (remember?).

40.
I'm really very stuborn... :)



That's it.

Heyyy! Why are you sleeping??? Hellooooooooo!

:)



And now, I'd like to TAG to play this game....


xaraammmmmmmm....


Homer's MUM

Dino's MUM

Joey's MUM

14 comentários:

Lorenza disse...

Thanks for sharing all those things about you!
My mom loves Lost too... She watched the first episodes of the 5th season and she is a little bit Lost!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Amber-Mae disse...

Woah! That's a LOT of things about you!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Simona,Paco e Milo disse...

WOOOWOOOOOWOOOO Carla!!!!
is wonderful to know something about you!!!!
I was sure that you'll be a very very special person!!!!!
you're more similar at me...I think we can be a big friends!!
OHHHHH.....we love LOST too.....Love Cheescake....and I swam with dolphins too in Mexico....Xcaret park like you!!!!when are you going???
I love music.....I love to go to the cinema watching the same film like you!!!!!!.....
i LOVE BEACH...i love photograph and I dreamt to become a great photogrpher....I love shopping....and........Ikea!!!!!!WOOOWOOOWOOOOOO!!!!!I loveto drive and tocook......but....are we twins????????WAAAWAAAAWAAAAWAAA!!!
we want orgnize an holiday in Portugal.....what do you think?????
it will be wonderful for us!!!!!
hope to know you asap!!!!
We love you so much!!!!!
Carla....i think you're great and i'm very honored to be your friend!!!!!!
lots of love and kisses!!!!!
AH....you're very very very beautiful and with John made a wonderful match!!!!!!
Pipa is very luky to have you like mum and dad!!!!!!
MUAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Joey disse...

Hi Pipa! Your mom did a great job with the tag game. You have a very beautiful mom, and so funny and warm and caring, too. And she even knows kickboxing - wow! (My mom has one tattoo, also.)

See ya!
Joey

Homer disse...

Hi Pipa,

First of all, we want to thank your mum for sharing these wonderful 40 things about her. We love the photos, we think your mum is interesting and intelligent (man, she majors in LAW! Beauty and brains! YES!)and the second picture of the whole family is gorgeous! Ohhhh... ah... booti-ful!!!

We are lucky for find you and your family in the world of dog blogging. We love to read about you and we follow your blog regularly so please don't stop blogging.

Carla ROCKS!

Love,
Homer

Joey disse...

Hi Pipa! Okay, I did the post about 40 things about my mom, except....I could only think of 30 things! Sorry! That was really hard! I think next time I'll just post about taking a nap!

Your pal,
Joey

b13 disse...

Thanks for stopping by :) Pipa is adorable. I bet my Ella would love to romp in the waves with her. I love the image you used for your banner!

Achilles Wong disse...

hey there Pipa!

we really love this tag.. we learned a lot about your mum and other doggy mums as well..

manang is thinking of 40 things to write about her and she cannot even begin with one.. hehe..

you are one lucky girl to have such a warm, loving family!

cant wait to hear more news on your new adventures!

drooly kisses,

Aki

Life With Dogs disse...

You said a mouthful! And now I'm craving cheesecake.

Amber-Mae disse...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Stuffed from eating a BIG feast,
Solid Gold Dancer

Dino and Family disse...

Great knowing you and your family, Pipa! I love your family portrait, it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Love, Dino

Polli Peste disse...

Olá Pipa e Donos da Pipa!
Tal como vocês, também nós vivemos na outra margem do rio tejo, tivemos uma relação com o Direito (que só durou 2 anos...), e somos apaixonados pelos nossos dois golden, que são igualmente terapêuticos e anti-discussões! A Pipa é linda e tem muita sorte por ter uns donos que gostem tanto dela*

Beijinhos da Vicky Indi e Polli

Dino and Family disse...

Hey Carla! Evil! You tagged my mommy! She is whining again coz she remembered that she was tagged twice before and she conveniently chose to ignore them. What are we going to do about her? It's so nice of you to share and we love your gorgeous family portrait. Love, Dino

Anónimo disse...

Hello all
discount acomplia online
Acomplia is also marketed in different packaging in different countries.
[url=http://eriecyam.org/]cheap generic acomplia[/url]
Doctor recommend this drug or medication (whatever you may call it) to the people who are suffering from bad appetite.
http://eriecyam.org/ - rimonabant online
Here is an interesting fact about Acomplia.